Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Communication Comes in Many Forms

As I wrote before, I am an Action Plan Marketing fan and read all of his newsletters and take note when I think it is beneficial. Recently he sent over a newsletter that talked about the use of handwritten notes. It was suggested to write notes for just about everything under the sun. If someone you met today did something nice for you, or you had brief contact with someone, write a note.

I have been trying to write more thank you and nice-to-meet-or-see-you notes but as I write them I think about one of his other suggestions. He states to try and have contact with your audience, proposed customers, etc., at least twice a month. He recommends the use of newsletters. This got me to thinking about communication in general. What are the many ways to communicate and maintain contact with business clients, friends, acquaintances, or whomever.

Here is my short list:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


  1. Email contact
  2. Internet (Newsletters, Blogs, Web 2.0)
  3. Via Snail Mail
  4. Phone calls
  5. Text messaging
  6. I/Ming
  7. In person
  8. Skype

My mind is blank and I know there is other ways. But if you think about it, just the ways I have written above leaves the door wide open for personal communication. The sky is the limit and we have to be creative in the ways we reach out to our customers and potential customers.

Share your thoughts on ways to communicate. I'll be looking forward to reading your entries.

Carole DeJarnatt

No comments: