Friday, August 17, 2007

10 Commandments of Networking

Finishing off the work week with the networking theme, here is a partial insert from an article I found on About.com. I didn't realize how many 10 commandments there were out there but I found information about networking, leadership, communication, and more. I know about the Ten Commandments of the Bible but now I am learning more.

I hope you enjoyed this week of networking tips. I will change the subject matter next week to something different. I feel my job as a blogger is to write information to help you succeed and the more information I can offer to you on any subject is what I am supposed to do. If you agree or disagree, leave a comment.

Enjoy the weekend!
Carole DeJarnatt
Alliance Advisors, Inc.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


If you want to gain the most out of business networking, follow the Ten Commandments of Networking!

1) Thou shalt drop the "what is in it for me?" attitude.
2) Thou shalt listen.
3) Thou shalt build a relationship.
4) Thou shalt give the first referral.
5) Thou shalt not tell others of the referral you require; thou shalt "show them" with a story.
6) Thou shalt be specific of the type of referral.
7) Thou shalt reciprocate when appropriate.
8) Thou shalt participate in the network executive, functions, and network time.
9) Thou shalt thank the person who gave a referral.
10) Thou shalt follow up on the referral within 24 hours.
Business networking is productive and fun, and that is why it will always be part of the Bigger Picture.

Mark McGregor is a keynote speaker and professional presenter with Speaking of Hearts. He is a motivational and inspirational speaker on business and stress matters. Mark is available to speak for your next Canadian and American conference, trade show or event.


No comments: