Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Meaning of Success

Success according to Dictionary.com:

suc·cess /səkˈsɛs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[suhk-ses] –noun
1. the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors.
2. the attainment of wealth, position, honors, or the like.
3. a successful performance or achievement: The play was an instant success.
4. a person or thing that is successful: She was a great success on the talk show.
5. Obsolete. (outcome--1. a final product or end result; consequence; issue.
2. a conclusion reached through a process of logical thinking.)

Many definitions, most meaning the same thing.

So what is success to us? It is the same as dictionary.com; many definitions, most meaning the same thing. Success is in the eyes of the beholder.

For example, losing weight. This can only pertain to the person who is trying to achieve the outcome. Success can be 5 lbs. or 60 lbs. It all depends on who is measuring the achievements.

Next month is a measurement of achievement for success to me. Last year I left the security of a corporate position around Thanksgiving. I officially started in June 2006, but until I could separate myself from the security blanket, I was not able to grow the business.

It has been a year of learning and growth. Also a year of defining the direction. I am still in the process (daily) taking curves and turning corners. My goals are to stay focused on areas I have an expertise, maintain a client base I enjoy working with, and to exceed the customers' expectations. From the testamonies I have received from my clients, I am meeting my goals.

I write all this to motivate you, the reader, to set goals and measure your achievements. Success is in the eyes of the beholder and that is you. Some people may think you are successful, but only you know the true successes in your life.

Carole DeJarnatt
Alliance Advisors, Inc.
Guiding You from Vision to Success


P.S. Don't forget to Celebrate the Success!

No comments: