Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Suggestion for the day!

The title of my blog being Tips from the Biz World, I decided to give you my tip for today----Do not over-commit yourself. I believe if you are able to do something and people are not aware, what better way for them to find out then to volunteer your services to complete a job needed done. Well, I have over committed myself and now am stressing over it.

I have volunteered to write a script for a video taping, a press release, and also take calls on a phone line that is taking donations. I do have a business and have some clients I am also working with so my days are very long due to my own fault. (Not to mention trying to keep my readers interested in my blog).

My recommendation is to think before you open your mouth and volunteer. If you over commit a worse case scenario can happen and I could fail to accomplish all. If anyone knows me, failure is not in my vocabulary so I will do the hours necessary to complete all on time. But if I build awareness that over committing is not beneficial, then I have done my job with todays blog.

Carole DeJarnatt
Alliance Advisors, Inc.

No comments: