Friday, July 27, 2007

It's tuff in the real world


This entry has nothing to do with business. It has to do with my son. I shared with you in a previous post that he is going through some growing pains and most of it is dealing with "The Need for Speed"!


I can relate to his "need for speed". We both drive Cobra's, his being a '95, mine being an '01. Today I saw an '03 and all I wanted to do was show this guy I had as "bad" a car as his. What is wrong with me? I am an adult (or so I think), but I was overcome with this desire to show my stuff.

If you have been keeping up with my blogs, you will know that I did nothing. Not that I'm chicken (but I am really am), but I am a responsible adult. I know the outcome (if you are caught) and really, what is the purpose? Nothing. People do not care what you have. Some may envy but most do not care.
Being a mother, it is as hard for me as it is for my son, when it comes to him not having a license. We are close so he shares with me his anguish and disappointment in himself and the lack of driving. Today I wrote him a poem as I emailed him about an article from "The Wall Street Journal". This is what I wrote:

Can we turn back the clock
So we can start again?
You are growing up so fast
I do not know where we began!

I want to help you and guide,
But it is beyond my control
You are a man now,
With all your own goals.

May God bless you and guide you,
Do not stray from His side,
He is there when you need Him,
He’s along for the ride.

I wanted to share with my subscribers because most of us realize business is tough but so is family and life. I'm sure some of you can relate.

Carole

No comments: