Monday, July 23, 2007

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff!

I know you have heard "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff". In this post I am not referring to the book of the same name, I am referring to happenings within your lives that happen and you have no control.

I am a supporter of a local Christian radio station, WAY Radio, 550AM. I have been running a spot with them for about a month and today I receive a call from the station manager. In my radio spot I direct the listening people to a website: http://www.thegenesisdvd.com/ that offers a no-obligation DVD about a workshop I facilitate. It seems the listeners only hear the phrase "genesisdvd.com". If you choose to check out the website, you will find out that it is a direct link to a non-Christian sight.

Fortunate for me, a couple of listeners tried to visit my site and called the station to alert them to the situation. The good thing is I am getting hits on my link due to the spot running, the bad thing was it was not clearly communicated.

Today I learned the meaning of "don't sweat the small stuff". For some people this could be a torrential downpour of bad news from a bad situation (how many people have tried to visit in the past month and reached the wrong website?); to me it is an opportunity for improvement. Upon receipt of the call, I went to the station and re-recorded the spot with a better defined, clearly communicated, radio spot.

My suggestion/tip/idea for you is to "don't sweat the small stuff" and if something does happen, create a better situation/environment. Take advantage of the opportunity before you. Instead of seeing the bad of the situation, bring out the good and utilize it to your fullest advantage!

Carole DeJarnatt
Alliance Advisors, Inc.

No comments: