Monday, September 3, 2007

For the Lurkers and Readers, Give me some input

Another work-week is a few hours away and I am thinking about a topic I would like to write and think about. This week I am going to focus on Target Marketing.

Marketing for a living gives you an outlet for creativity. I think that is why I enjoy effectively researching and working on various techniques to increase business. The outcome of the finished product is to share your message and increase business.

Before I started my coaching business I was an avid scrapbooker. I taught at a local scrapbook store, was published in a few magazines, and had an online bio with a personal gallery and submitted to it frequently. I was obsessed to say the least.

Marketing is somewhat like scrapbooking. You bring together what you are trying to share with others, create a design that tells the story, and bring it all together for the pleasure of yourself and others.

Well that was then and this is now. Now I am obsessed with being the best business coach/advisor possible for those who need and utilize my services. To effectively share my services I have to create my own unique selling point and know my target market. This week I will share and give ideas on what I believe is effective marketing tactics.

For the lurkers and readers, give me some feedback on marketing techniques that have been successful. Any specific areas of marketing you are struggling with; viral, direct, guerilla tactics, or more? I will do my best to find information of value and interest to you. Let me hear from you.

Carole DeJarnatt
Alliance Advisors, Inc.

No comments: