Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Creating Your Elevator Speech for More Business in 2009

We are into our first work week of 2009 and if any of you are like me it is time to jump back into the networking groups, meetings, luncheons, and other venues that may bring more possible clients and business growth. This is not one of my favorite things to do, (networking, yuk!) but it is necessary.

I have been at these events so many times and they will go around the room and give you an opportunity to introduce yourself. I cringe at some of the introductions, so poorly delivered and definitely unclear on what they do. And then it comes my turn and I deliver a non-educating 30 second description that no one would have a clue to what I do. Tomorrow is a new day and I plan on delivering an introduction that makes people search me out wanting to learn more.

So how I am going to do this? Well, I have an online mentor, Terry Dean, who helps me to learn online marketing and how to apply the skills in the offline business world as well. In a recent blog post of his he wrote about creating an effective elevator speech.

Terry list step-by-step how to write an elevator speech and gives examples that will help you while you create your own. I will be using his tips to give my 30 second speech in the next couple of days. I highly recommend you checking out his blog post if you lack the expertise to get your message across effectively.

To read it for yourself follow this link: Create Your Elevator Speech by Terry Dean

No comments: