Monday, March 17, 2008

Don't Give Up--The Goal is Not Far Away



As a business coach by trade, there are only so many hours in the day I can earn money. For the past two years I have been critiquing and enhancing my skills to improve my effectiveness in working with my clients while learning better ways to grow my business and make more money.

I recently signed up for an intern program to learn the ropes of an online internet business. I have always been intrigued by the thought of earning money while sitting at the computer or perhaps even while I am working with clients in the field. I am two weeks into the program now and am finding with each new lesson more dedication or perseverance is needed to complete as assigned.

When I first signed up it was explained that it takes approximately two hours to complete each assignment. Either I am very slow or too detailed; it is taking me two times the normal time to complete each assignment. I am one of those people that likes to excel at what I do so when the assignment calls for a list of 30 items, I will submit no less than 35.

I was also told that most people that sign up for the intern program do not finish it. In the first few lessons I could not imagine why anyone would not complete the program. Now that I am further into the program and I am struggling to keep up and also do my own work, I understand.

I also understand that if you want to succeed in life and are committed you have to have perseverance to succeed. In most areas of your life, when you are trying to move past a difficult job/experience/task, it takes perseverance to get through it.

I have seen this scenario too many times in my life, people who say they are going to do something and start on it but never finish. I have even did this myself (but hopefully I am learning). What is the purpose. I have learned to look at things differently now, somewhat like goal setting. If the goal is worthwhile, write it down, plan your time to commit to it, and finish it.

I should be done with this intern program within a month or maybe two. However long it takes me I will continue to work on the assignments, learn what is shared, and then apply what is taught. Otherwise my work and time will be in vain.

Keep the faith and don't give up!

Carole DeJarnatt
Alliance Advisors, Inc.

No comments: