Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Goal number one--start a mastermind group

I just marked off my list one of the first goals I have for this year. I was working on it for the past month but it was a goal to launch in 2008 and today was the day.

For those who do not know, a mastermind group is defined by Napoleon Hill, author of the must-read book Think and Grow Rich, said “A mastermind is the harmonious alliance of two or more minds that create a friendly environment to gather, classify and organize new information for fast and effective implementation.”

A mastermind is one of the most powerful tools you'll ever experience, because when you connect with even just one other entrepreneur who is focused on marketing and success, your ideas don't just double -- they tenfold! This groups agenda is to focus on business successes and issues. Today since it was all first time visitors, after introductions we had a volunteer share a problem he was having in his business. Since we had six people in the room, including me, and most not familiar with a mastermind group it was a learning process on what we were doing. As we moved forward though, most everyone got involved in the brainstorming session. At the end of the meeting all felt it was very beneficial.

I am still in search of more people with different strengths to bring to the table. I believe most people that come and are prepared for the commitment will recognize the benefit of gaining and sharing knowledge with their peers.

How about you? Have you started on your goals yet? Some people call them new years resolutions but they are really goals. I have daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals. I just met one of my monthly goals.

Good luck to you as you strive to reach your goals for 2008!

No comments: