Monday, January 19, 2009

Changing the Direction of Business

It's time for a change. We have heard this alot during the election last year but this has nothing to do with that. This has to do with my business. I have spent the last three years trying to identify a way to bring in a modest income in hopes of replacing the income from my previous employment.

Three years ago I made the leap from employee to self-employed. A large leap for me since I was the bread winner in the family. Make sure and note the word was. From that time I have not been the bread winner nor am I today, but am extremely happy with everything that has happened in that time, the failures and successes.

This being a new year I have decided to change the direction of my business away from small business coaching more towards online and offline marketing. This past year I spent the majority of my time learning internet marketing and ways to increase traffic to my websites using search engine optimization.

With change creates a need for a new image, perhaps a new business name. I haven't decided on that yet. I had already been in contact with a printer about new business cards but had not designed what I wanted as yet so luck with have it when I was checking my Google reader and a blog I follow, Blogohblog.com, is having a contest to giveaway free business cards; 1,000 quality business cards for the winner. I want that winner to be me!

If you are like me and are in need of business cards, check out the requirements to enter the contest at Blog Oh Blog. Good luck to all that try and thanks to Blog Oh Blog for hosting.

No comments: